WORK & TRAVEL PROGRAM
LIFEGUARDING & JOBS
GALLERY & VIDEO
Become a Professional Lifeguard!
Lifeguards ensure the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. A Lifeguard is responsible for enforcing all pool rules fairly and consistently, ensuring proper pool water chemical levels, record keeping and maintaining a clean and enjoyable aquatic facility. Being a lifeguard means you are trusted with the lives of others, so you’ll need to be extremely responsible, attentive, and patient. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with not only weekly, monthly and seasonal bonuses and incentives, but making lifelong friendships!
Why become a Lifeguard with AquaSafe Pool Management?
Because being a Lifeguard is COOL!, but it’s more than just a job. It is the first step towards to any successful career in your adult life. It gives young people—like you—the opportunity to not only learn lifesaving skills, but you’ll also gain experience in management and supervision, learn about staffing and customer service, and most importantly, responsibility. Experience that you simply won’t gain in any other industry.
Lifeguarding isn’t for everybody. Only the best of the best will qualify for this job. The American Red Cross Lifeguard training administered by AquaSafe, will not only ensure that you have the knowledge and skills but that you are strong and fit enough to “Safeguard the most precious” – peoples’ lives. Lifeguards are intelligent, physically fit and responsible! You will be proud of yourself when you earn the title of Lifeguard!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
Additional and Secondary duties:
For more information on Professional Lifeguard’s responsibilities, please contact your local recruiter and ask for a complete Lifeguard Job Description.
Pool Managers set the example for the rest of lifeguards to follow. This candidate must be familiar with lifeguard and pool facility standards so that they can develop the skills of their team. Pool Managers should possess excellent communication, and relationship building skills. This is a working supervisory position requiring weekend and holiday work. Pool Managers require good interpersonal skills to manage swimming pool employees and the safety of the patrons and guests.
• Oversee the safety, cleanliness and proper operation of the entire aquatic facility
• Supervise staff and organize scheduling
• Ensure the pool is properly scanned, all pool rules are enforced, pool water is balanced, and the aquatic facility is clean
• Run safety drills with other pool staff members, educate staff on the pump system and use of chemicals
• Maintain a positive relationship between the pool staff and the patrons as well as Property Management
• Ability to lead the staff and work on a team
• Be conscious about safety
• Strong customer service orientation
• Minimum of 2 years of Lifeguarding experience
• Must have current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid Certificates
• Must be a Certified Pool Operator
The Pool Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and administration of the swimming pool in order to provide quality swimming programs and services. The Pool Supervisor acts as a liaison between clients and AquaSafe management. He or she is responsible for the day-to-day duties and training of the pool staff. This includes completing administrative responsibilities, customer service and staff performance reviews as well as scheduling activities.
Service Technicians and Service Helpers play a crucial role in pool management. They are our first responders to mechanical and technical problems that arise throughout the Season. Service Technicians are responsible for assisting with preparing all facilities for opening, continuing to ensure pools are well taken care of during the Season and closing the pools at the end of the Season.
• Clean and prepare swimming facilities and grounds
• Help ensure proper functioning of facilities and assist in minor repair work
• During the summer months will be assigned to facilities to clean, help inspect and perform minor repairs
• Must demonstrate the ability to swim
• Must stay under water for short periods of time
• Must be able to lift over 50 pounds
Other current openings
AquaSafe is currently hiring for the following positions:
* Safety Inspector
* International Coordinator
If you think you have what it takes or have questions regarding the positions, please Apply Here!
Connect with us:
Work and Travel USA, Lifeguard with AquaSafe Pool Management, Inc. Become a professional Lifeguard in the USA!